BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Upcoming: my butchering of Iron Council


I'm within pages of being finished with China Mieville's Iron Council and I've already got an outline for my resulting analysis of it (of course I recognize how the ending could vastly impact any analysis, which is why I haven't committed any particular ideas to paper just yet). Of course it will examine gender and gender roles, but there are other things (secret things) I plan on discussing as well.

I can already tell that it's going to be a long one. I would not waste my time or disrespect such an amazing work on an essay that doesn't fully examine (or at least come close to fully examining) the work as a whole, complete with character analysis and (my favorite) symbolism!

Thus, due to the anticipated length, prepare for at least three posts on the novel, if not more. I won't be able to tell how it will be broken up until it's complete, and I will post them in intervals though I plan on writing it all at once. For these reasons, it may be a week or more before the first part is posted, but it is my hope that my essay will open some really interesting dialogue on Mieville's novel, especially since his The City and the City will also be coming out within months.

0 comments: