BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Random late-night drunk post

So, a beer suddenly materialized in front of me, and I realized that I haven't had a random drunk post in a while.

There's not much going on.  So I'll brag about the birthday / anniversary / xmas present I got: my Kindle.  (FYI: all three events are in the same month, so I sometimes pick one big thing to make it easier on the fiance).  My Kindle is amazing.  It will certainly increase my reading productivity, which means you can all expect more book reviews in the future since I have instant access to just about anything I want.  I mainly read Science Fiction and Fantasy, but I'll take suggestions in any genre, if you have them.

I am currently reading Sara Douglass' Druid's Sword, which is the last book in The Troy Game series, although the continuing rape apologism almost makes me want to delete it from my device.  I'm plowing through it though, and after that I won't have to read her books again (well, until the next book of the Darkglass Mountain series comes out, and then I'll complain about that).

And just so we're all clear: I'm bah-humbugging my way through this month.  I blame it on the retail job.  The little Christmas spirit I had was crushed when we put up Christmas displays before Halloween.  Although I'm looking forward to spending time with the fiance and his family, I can't say the same for my side, by which I mean my bio dad's side.  I'm sure there will be a post about this after the holidays.

I'll challenge myself to post some links I've been collecting when I drag myself out of bed.  In the meantime, hope everyone is having a great Saturday night.  Have a cold one on me. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to get the kindle for some time now. It looks perfect for long flights and trips on a train.
Be sure to tell us if it's convenient!

FilthyGrandeur said...

i will. i think i'll be writing a full post about the Kindle, and since i've also used the sony reader, i can do a compare and contrast thing too.