BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Look

Well, if you're a regular here, you may have noticed that I've decided to try a new look for the site. And, as you may know, I have a certain affinity for the brooding poet, Baudelaire, and since my site is named for his poetry, well, I thought it fitting to have him leering at you while you read my rants.

I was bored earlier tonight, since my fiance enjoys watching hockey playoffs and I hate sports of all kind, so I got out my paper and charcoal and started scribbling. I hope everyone likes it. I feel like it has a more honest look in relation to this site, since Baudelaire is one of my greatest influences. I also wanted to be yet another person to honor Baudelaire's creepy visage through art. His is a face of shadows.

Also, I'm writing a new essay on a book I just finished, which is based on Edgar Allan Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher," another fitting notion, since Baudelaire loved Poe's works. Hopefully that will be up soon, as well as some other things I've been meaning to write.

1 comments:

macon d said...

Nice look! The creepy visage certainly keeps me more alert while reading your posts.