BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Talk about completely missing the point

Some of you may have already read my post on Adam Lambert's use of eyeliner and nail polish. If not, read it first so the point is not missed again. Basically my point in that post is that Adam Lambert is not the first rock n' roll star to utilize make-up, and that this whole "omg does that make him gay or a girl???!!" is completely inane because make-up has no gender. First of all, on the issue of if he is or is not gay: who fucking cares? His sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with his immense talent as a singer. His ambiguity seems to frighten some people, which is fucking ridiculous because it doesn't matter unless we make it matter. Second, make-up isn't just for girls. Which I've already stated, so I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, I enjoy finding out how people come by my space here at "o filthy grandeur!" and saw earlier today that my Adam Lambert post was linked over at BlackBook. The phrase? "Lambert’s crooning (and more importantly, his extensive make-up regimen) look to pave a prodigious pop road with glitter for the fey songster." Yes. Absolutely. That was my point. I spent an entire post describing his make-up regimen (heavy sarcasm). This of course leads me to infer that the person linking gave my post no more than a cursory glance before linking to my site. Not once do I describe his process. In fact, I don't care how Adam Lambert "excessively" applies his make-up; and I certainly never mentioned that it was excessive. Eyeliner is not excessive. See the precedents in my original post. That's excessive. Hot, but excessive.

Anyway, since people are all about missing the point today, here's something random: I just got back from seeing X-Men Origins: Wolverine--is it weird that I spent the second half of the movie fantasizing about Logan making out with Gambit (seriously, those two have been my favorites since I was a kid--why shouldn't they make-out???). So, for no other reason than I feel like it, here's some pics of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Taylor Kitsch as Gambit. Picture them kissing and tell me you don't like it.

0 comments: