BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A whole new level of disappointment

I checked China Mieville's tour schedule. And big surprise, he won't be coming to Wisconsin, or any state remotely near Wisconsin. Not that I blame him. No one wants to come to Wisconsin. I didn't even want to move here.

Anyway, if you're at all familiar with this blog, you're well aware of the disappointment I am now feeling, considering I had reserved my copy of The City and The City, and was thrilled when I acquired it yesterday. I want nothing more than to meet the man whose work I so admire, and have him sign a copy of his latest novel.

If I could afford it, I would fly to the nearest book-signing. Hell, I'd even drive. But I can't, and I'll miss the chance to meet my favorite author because he's only visiting five states that aren't near me.

Maybe next time...

0 comments: