BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

A note on commenting

I have recently gotten an increase of trolls here on "o filthy grandeur!" and where I previously published these comments anyway, I have decided not to do that any longer. I am very sick of anti-feminist , homophobic, transphobic, racist, slut-shaming, fat-shaming, "you're looking to much into it," "what about the menz," "equal rights means I can hit a woman if she can hit me," and rape apologism comments.

There was a point when I was willing to approve these comments (to a degree) simply to illustrate the type of ignorance and hatred that was not welcome here, but now I've decided that giving voice to those who try to silence me and my readers doesn't accomplish anything here. Most of these comments are from anonymous people who appear only long enough to comment once and then never return, which means that any response to them will go unseen (generally speaking).

I welcome differences in opinion so long as they are respectful. What is not welcome is hate-speech. So, to all trolls: go ahead. Write me a nasty comment, but know it will be a useless endeavor because it will never appear on this site.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I can totally dig this. Your blog is pretty cool, btw! ;)

Anonymous said...

Bravo! I hate it when people write useless or mean comments. And I'm sorry that I'm almost going against what you said by being anonymous, but it's only because I don't have an account. I love your blog. In fact, I recently commented on your article about "Coraline". (Still as Anonymous, though.) Sorry for having such a long comment! I tend to have a lot to say. ;)

FilthyGrandeur said...

@ Anonymous--

thanks for reading! also, i have it set up here where you can go under comment as, and choose Name/URL, and sign a name (the URL isn't a requirement). it's just easier to keep track of who's talking here. :)

Lenore said...

Thank you! I guess I'll comment as "Lenore" from now on until I (hopefully) get an account.

Just to let you know, I commented as "Anonymous" above and in your Coraline article - I'm the one who said Coraline's dad made "exotic and new" things to eat, on August 6, 2009. :)

Stair Gates said...

It's all in the name.

Jogger Strollers said...

I also welcome differences in opinion

Towel Warmers said...

I can relate.